Are You Afraid of Breast Cancer?
Posted by Catherine Morgan on October 11, 2009
Let’s talk about fear. Are You Afraid of Breast Cancer? If so, you’re not alone. Cancer is a scary thing…And all the pink in the world can’t change that. Sure, pink ribbons may be pretty, but breast cancer is ugly and scary. Here are some facts about breast cancer…
- An estimated 182,800 new cases of invasive breast cancer will be diagnosed in 2000.
- Approximately 42,200 deaths will occur in women from breast cancer in 2000.
- One in eight women or 12.6% of all women will get breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer risk increases with age and every woman is at risk.
- Every 13 minutes a woman dies of breast cancer.
- Seventy-seven percent of women with breast cancer are over 50.
Many women are blogging about their breast cancer fears. From little fears to big fears. They have fears of mammograms, fears of treatments, fears or recurrences, fears of dying…and on and on. What are your breast cancer fears?
READ FULL POST AT catherine-morgan.com